London Gatwick has revealed its updated brand identity and vision, reflecting its robust recovery from the pandemic and providing a foundation for the airport's next growth phase.
This unveiling provides significant economic opportunities for the region. The airport's new modernized brand acknowledges its proud past and emphasizes its status as a significant international gateway while also highlighting its connection to the wider VINCI Airports network.
The airport's vision is centered on providing a customized experience to meet the individual needs of all passengers, regardless of their journey.
The vision is supported by a reinforced emphasis and investment in streamlining the airport experience by prioritizing ease, efficiency, and enjoyment. This will enable passengers to have more time to shop, relax, or attend to last-minute work calls or emails.
A substantial multi-million-pound development program has been launched to complement the new brand and vision.
The program includes the extension and modernization of departure lounges, creating more contemporary and attractive spaces for passengers while taking into account the airport's sustainability objectives.
Additionally, the development program aims to accelerate automation in check-in and boarding procedures and implement cutting-edge improvements in airfield technology. Gatwick Airport railway station will also undergo a multi-million-pound upgrade which is expected to be completed later this year.
Jonathan Pollard, London Gatwick's Chief Commercial Officer, said that the launch of their new brand and refreshed vision is perfectly timed as the airport enters its second year of recovery from the global pandemic and prepares to embark on a promising growth phase.
The airport plans to rejuvenate its image by investing in airport development and updating its visual identity, with the goal of attracting more passengers to fly from Gatwick to even more exciting destinations.
While the previous brand served the airport well for over a decade, it's time to modernize and update the airport as it looks toward future growth. The refreshed brand celebrates the past and brings the airport into the future.
The new branding can already be seen across many of Gatwick's digital and social channels, and it will come to life across the airport in the coming months for passengers, airport partners, and colleagues to see.
About Gatwick and VINCI Airports
Gatwick Airport is the second largest airport in the UK and plays a crucial role in driving the national and regional economy. It connects over 150 short-haul and more than 45 long-haul destinations through 40 airlines.
The airport is dedicated to sustainable growth and has set an ambitious target to become a net zero airport by 2030. To increase capacity, it plans to bring its Northern runway into regular use.
VINCI Airports, the world's leading private airport operator, owns a 50.01% stake in Gatwick Airport, while Global Infrastructure Partners manage the remaining 49.99% interest.
VINCI Airports operates more than 65 airports in Europe, Asia, and the Americas, making it the world's top private airport operator.
As a global integrator, VINCI Airports provides investment capacity and expertise in optimizing operational performance, modernizing infrastructures, and managing the environmental transition to develop, finance, build, and manage airports.
In 2016, VINCI Airports became the first airport operator to commit to a global international environmental strategy to achieve the goal of net zero emissions across its entire network by 2050.
Hundreds of Flights Canceled in Argentina as Aviation Employees Go on One-Day Strike » Air India and FlyArystan Planes Nearly Collide on Runway at Mumbai Airport » Military Planes From Four Countries Drop Humanitarian Aid on War-Torn Gaza Strip »