FRIDAY APR 19, 2024
Search AeroXplorer
Daniel Mena President and Founder of AeroXplorer. Web Developer and Aviation photographer. Contact me for questions and inquiries through my Instagram DMs, linked below.
Washington, D.C.
NEWS Sep 12, 2023 A Massive Lufthansa Group Expansion: SWISS to Washington-Dulles, A380 Service, and a 787 to Minneapolis The Lufthansa Group announced a considerable expansion this morning that will substantially increase route capacity and alliance connectivity. With the expansion, Lufthansa is set to offer 27 gateways in the summer of 2024. Read More →
NEWS Mar 18, 2023 A Fresh Look: Emirates Releases its New Livery Earlier this week, one of the world's most iconic airlines shared its new look with the world. This is a big announcement for the airline, as it marks its newest livery change in almost 25 years. The first aircraft to wear this paint is A6-EOE. It operated flight EK51 from Dubai to Munich yesterday, March 17. Read More →
NEWS Feb 21, 2023 Air France Announces Special Flights between Los Angeles and Nice With the international film festival in Nice set to take place later this Spring, Air France is looking to take advantage of the influx of visitors from the United States' capital of cinematography. Announced February 20, Air France plans to operate three special nonstop flights between Los Angeles, California and Nice, France. These flights will be operated on the 15, 22, and 29 of May 2023. Read More →
NEWS Apr 17, 2022 Individual Shoots Themself at Nashville International Airport An individual was injured at Nashville International Airport last Sunday after discharging his weapon in the baggage claim area, sources say. Read More →
NEWS Mar 10, 2022 TSA Airlines Mask Mandate Extended Until April 18 The federal mask mandate has been extended for airlines through April 18. This extension came just before the mandate was set to expire at the end of this week. Read More →
NEWS Feb 23, 2022 Ukrainian Civil Airspace Closed After a standoff spanning several weeks, Russian troops have reportedly begun invading Ukraine. Tensions are now higher than ever, and a war is underway. Airspace over Ukraine has been closed for commercial air traffic. Read More →
NEWS Feb 15, 2022 The Famous United Airlines Star Wars Plane is No More Today marks the end of the line for N36272, which is set to fly to Amarillo tonight for repainting. This Boeing 737-800 was famously painted with a Star Wars scheme to celebrate the release of the movie Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker. One side of the aircraft was painted red to represent the dark side, while the other was painted in blue to represent the light side. Read More →
NEWS Feb 14, 2022 Airlines Cancel Flights to Ukraine Amid Tensions Many airlines have canceled flights to Ukraine following increased tensions between the country and its northern neighbor, Russia. Read More →
NEWS Feb 07, 2022 Frontier and Spirit Airlines Merge in Deal Valued at Over $6.6Bn This morning, Frontier Airlines announced that they would be merging with Ultra Low-Cost Carrier Spirit Airlines in a merger valued at more than $6.6 billion U.S. Dollars. After this deal, Frontier Airlines will control 51.5% of the merger, with Spirit owning the remaining 48.5%. Read More →
ROUTES Feb 04, 2022 Allegiant Airlines' Spring Expansion Allegiant Airlines has announced the addition of nine new routes to its network, with the first to begin operating this Spring. Read More →