The U.K. based budget airline, EasyJet, has announced they will close their bases at London Stansted, Southend, and Newcastle Airports, which were three of their largest bases. This don't mean, however, the airline will cut service to these airports. In fact, they said they will continue service to these airports.

Additionally, BALPA, or the British Airline Pilots' Association, which is the professional association and registered trade union established to represent the interests of all UK pilots, said they had been by told by EasyJet that around 730 of their U.K. based pilots were at risk of redundancy, which around 30% of its staff. All of this is a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
EasyJet predicts it will take until, at the earliest, 2023, for service to return to normal. EasyJet chief executive Johan Lundgren said,
"Unfortunately the lower demand environment means we need fewer aircraft and have less opportunity for work for our people."

Brian Strutton of BALPA general security said "EasyJet paid �174m out to shareholders, got agreements to furlough staff to protect cash, got �600m from the Government, has boasted of having �2.4bn in liquidity, and ticket sales are going through the roof so fast they cannot get pilots back off furlough quickly enough � so why the panic?"
https://www.msn.com/en-xl/money/topstories/easyjet-plans-to-close-bases-and-cut-staff/ar-BB169NcY
Three of Europe's Biggest Airlines Have Extended Their Middle East Suspensions, and the Restart Dates Are Further Away Than Many Passengers Hoped » United Airlines Flew Passengers Across the Pacific for 13 Hours With No Screens, No Wi-Fi and No Way to Charge Their Devices » Airliners International Offers Airport Insider Tours: Sign Up Today! »
Comments (0)
Add Your Comment
SHARE
TAGS
NEWS EasyJet U.K. Aviation Airline Coronavirus Covid-19 Job Cut Base CutRECENTLY PUBLISHED
Three of Europe's Biggest Airlines Have Extended Their Middle East Suspensions, and the Restart Dates Are Further Away Than Many Passengers Hoped
Three of Europe's largest airline groups have simultaneously extended their Middle East flight suspensions, with British Airways pushing its restart further into summer, the Lufthansa Group holding off a return to Dubai until mid-September, and Air France emerging as the most optimistic of the three with planned resumptions beginning as early as late May.
NEWS
READ MORE »
United Airlines Flew Passengers Across the Pacific for 13 Hours With No Screens, No Wi-Fi and No Way to Charge Their Devices
A routine transpacific journey turned into an uncomfortable test of endurance for passengers aboard United Airlines flight UA-804 after a technical fault rendered the entire cabin entertainment infrastructure inoperable for the full duration of the flight.
NEWS
READ MORE »
Atlanta Just Voted to Study Replacing TSA at the World's Busiest Airport
The Atlanta City Council voted unanimously on Monday, May 18, 2026, to commission a formal feasibility study into replacing federal TSA security screening at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport with a private contractor under the government's existing Screening Partnership Programme.
NEWS
READ MORE »
