In an announcement made Tuesday June 29, Allegiant Air announced an expansion of 23 new routes, including the addition of 4 new cities to its network: Amarillo, TX; Melbourne, FL; Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN; and Washington Dulles.
The addition of Minneapolis and Washington fits into Allegiant's recent trend of expanding into larger metro areas, with connections from Minneapolis/St. Paul to Punta Gorda (PGD), West Palm Beach (PBI), and Asheville (AVL) as well as from Washington Dulles to Jacksonville (JAX) and Sarasota/Bradenton (SRQ). Allegiant's new service to Melbourne will also represent an increase in the airline's operations connecting travelers from mid-sized cities to vacation destinations in Florida, with new routes added from Concorde/Charlotte (USA), Nashville (BNA), and Pittsburgh (PIT).
"We're thrilled to bring our brand of friendly, convenient service to Melbourne, gateway to Central Florida and the Space Coast," said Drew Wells, Allegiant Senior Vice President of revenue and planning. "Now more than ever, travelers choose to fly Allegiant because we connect them from point to point without the hassle of layovers or connections. We think area travelers will love having ultra-low-cost options for a getaway to any of these great destinations - whether it's for vacation or a chance to reconnect with family and friends."
The addition of the new routes also highlights Allegiant's push to establish Austin (AUS) as a base, with seven of the 23 new routes operated from Austin, including a new connection to Amarillo. Other Allegiant destinations are also seeing expanded connections, with Nashville, TN (BNA) receiving three new routes, and both Orange County, CA (SNA) and Punta Gorda, FL (PGD) receiving two new routes each. While COVID-19 has been incredibly damaging to the aviation industry, Allegiant Air has fared quite well. As travel restrictions are eased, airlines expect an increase in demand as tourists flock outside following the COVID-19 lockdown period.
A list of Allegiant's new routes is below. All new routes will begin at varying times in late 2021, with two flights operated per week.
From New Connections:
Amarillo, Texas (AMA) to
- Austin (AUS): Begins Nov. 18
- Las Vegas (LAS): Begins Oct. 14
Melbourne, Florida (MLB) to
- Concord/Charlotte, North Carolina (USA): Begins Nov. 18
- Nashville (BNA): Begins Nov. 18
- Pittsburgh (PIT): Begins Nov. 11
Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) to
- Asheville, North Carolina (AVL): Begins Oct. 7
- Punta Gorda, Florida (PGD): Begins Oct. 8
- West Palm Beach (PBI): Begins Oct. 7
Washington Dulles (IAD) to
- Jacksonville, Florida (JAX): Begins Nov. 19
- Sarasota/Bradenton, Florida (SRQ): Begins Dec. 18
From Existing Connections:
Austin (AUS) to
- Amarillo, Texas (AMA): Begins Nov. 18
- Louisville (SDF): Begins Nov. 18
- Orange County, California (SNA): Begins Nov. 18
- Provo, Utah (PVU): Begins Nov. 18
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota (FSD): Begins Nov. 18
- Springfield, Missouri (SGF): Begins Nov. 18
- Tulsa (TUL): Begins Nov. 18
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to
- Des Moines, Iowa (DSM): Begins Oct. 6
Houston Hobby (HOU) to
- Fayetteville/Bentonville, Arkansas (XNA): Begins Nov. 19
Nashville (BNA) to
- Jacksonville, Florida (JAX): Begins Nov. 18
- Melbourne, Florida (MLB): Begins Nov. 18
- Palm Springs, California (PSP): Begins Nov. 17
Orange County, California (SNA) to
- Austin (AUS): Begins Nov. 18
- Eugene, Oregon (EUG): Oct. 8
Punta Gorda, Florida (PGD) to
- Minneapolis/St. Paul: Begins Oct. 8
- Springfield, Missouri (SGF): Begins Nov. 19
St. Petersburg, Florida (PIE) to
- Wichita, Kansas (ICT): Begins Nov. 19
You must be logged in to contribute.
Recently Released Articles
American Airlines to Open Flagship Lounges to Anyone ... For a Fee
NEWS For some traveling aboard American Airlines, the travel experience just got a whole lot better. American Airlines just announced that they will be sel...
Jet Airways Set To Begin Domestic Flights In Early 2022
NEWS On September 13, officials at Jet Airways made a significant announcement stating the airline, once it is fully revived, will begin domestic operation...
Spirit Airlines Implementing Wi-Fi on More Aircraft
NEWS Spirit Airlines and wifi are two things that may never come to mind, but it's soon going to be a reality. Find out more about it in this article.